Have you been looking for some ways on how can you remove dark circles under your eyes permanently? Well, fortunately, we’ll be giving you some tips on how you can eliminate these dark circles under your eyes in this article. However, let us ask you – have you got your dark circles under your eyes checked with a specialist?
At a glimpse, here are the top five solutions that are safe to try in removing those dark circles under your eyes permanently. Get your paper and pens because we have quite a lot of solutions for you.
- Almond Oil
- Coconut oil
- Argan Oil
- Castor Oil
- Grapeseed Oil
If, in the case where you have inherited dark circles under your eyes, they may be no solution in removing those imperfections. It’s because no matter what you do, it will just keep on coming back. However, if you have dark circles under your eyes because of an unhealthy lifestyle, stress, and other factors – here are some remedies by experts that you can conveniently try at your home.
15 Home Remedies to Remove Dark Circles Under the Eyes Permanently
- Almond Oil – Almonds contain Vitamin E, which your skin needs. You can use almond oil as an emollient because of its unique properties that can make your skin under your eyes so soft.
- How to Apply Almond Oil? Pour a small amount of almond oil on your hand. Then, massage it gently over the affected area. For best results, leave it overnight and do the same process every night.
- Coconut Oil – It is a popular option for skin health because it moisturizes efficiently. Coconut oil also helps in reducing dark circles under your eyes.
- How to Apply Licorice Extract? Put the coconut oil on the dark circles under your eyes in a clockwise and anti-clockwise motion. Leave it overnight for the best results.
- Rosewater – It is a popular rejuvenating your skin, but did you know that rosewater is also beneficial in eliminating dark circles under your eyes? Plus, rosewater has a cooling and soothing sensation effect on your that will make you feel so relaxed. It is because rosewater features mild astringent properties that also works as a skin toner.
- How to Apply Rosewater? Start applying the rosewater on the dark circles under your eyes by using cotton or clean cloth. Then, soak it again in rosewater and place the fabric on your closed eyelids. Repeat this process for at least three to four times a week for best results.
- Aloe Vera Gel – You can easily find it in anyone’s backyard. Aloe vera has countless benefits, including nourishment pigments. These elements are essential for making the skin healthier and brighter. It can bring back your youth skin.
- How to Apply Aloe Vera Gel? Get the sap of aloe vera and apply the gel over the dark circles under your eyes. Massage it for a minute and relax. You can wash it after 10 minutes or leave it overnight for the best results.
- Cucumber – You’ve probably watched someone putting a pair of cucumber over their eyes while sunbathing. You may get reminded of a Bollywood movie when doing it, but cucumber slices kept on the eyes is relaxing and soothing. Therefore, cucumbers can fix those dark circles under your eyes.
- How to Apply Cucumber? Cut thick slices of cucumber and put one piece on top of your every eye for about half an hour. For better results, you can also grate cucumber at the bottom of your eyes.
- Tomatoes – Just like cucumbers, these plants also have powerful bleaching properties that are extremely useful in lightening the skin effectively. Tomatoes contain lycopene, a phytochemical, which is essential for skin maintenance and protection from any damage.
- How to Apply Tomatoes? First, get its juice and apply it over the dark circles around your eyes. Relax for 10 minutes before rinsing it with cold water. For best results, do this method for two to three times every week.
- Raw Potatoes – This vegetable that you can easily find on the market possess antioxidants and other natural bleaching properties. It contains nutrients that will benefit your skin while nurturing the ultra-thin skin around the eyes. Plus, raw potatoes can reduce the inflammation and swelling of blood vessels that cause baggy eyes.
- How to Apply Raw Potatoes? Start grating the raw potato and cut it into extra-thin slices. Then, place those cut portion on your eyes for approximately 10 to 15 minutes. Wash it with cold water afterward, and repeat the same process every day for the best results.
- Cold Tea Bags – If you love Tea, and you have dark circles under your eyes – you can save a lot of buckets in buying skin treatment medicines. After soaking your tea bag, you can use it after to remove your dark spots. Green Tea consists of tannins that features astringent properties, which helps in reducing dark circles. Cold Tea Bags constricts the blood vessels, which are beneficial in reducing dark circles.
- How to Apply Cold Tea Bags? Take your extra Teabags and dip them in cold water. You can put it in your refrigerator for some time to keep it cold. Then, apply both the tea bags over your eyes for about 10 to 15 minutes. Wash it with cold water after.
- Cold Milk – Milk possesses lactic acid that helps rejuvenate the skin. The combination of this feature of milk plus the cold soothing effect improves the smoothness and firmness of your skin. Not only that, it is beneficial for removing dark circles under the eyes, but it can also reduce lines and wrinkles on your face.
- How to Apply Cold Milk? Get cotton, damp in onto the cold milk, and rub it over on dark circles under your eyes. Keep doing this method for about 15 minutes. Then, wash your face with regular water.
- Orange Juice – Those orange juice that you consume are rich in Vitamins C and citric acid. These components are beneficial in lightening the persistent dark circles under your eyes.
- How to Apply Orange Juice? It is better if you can use freshly squeezed orange juice. Apply it on the affected area for approximately 30 minutes, and was it slowly. Clean your face with a cotton pad. Finally, repeat the same process every day for the best outcome.
- Saffron – This element is a popular and robust option for enhancing skin color even since ancient times. Saffron contains antioxidants and anti-inflammatory substances that help in skin lightening.
- How to Apply Saffron? Take a spoon full of milk and dissolve some saffron strands on it. Then, apply some dissolved saffron and massage the mixture around the skin of your eyes. Relax when doing this method. You can leave it overnight and wash it the next morning for the best results. For consistency, do this process every day for eliminating dark circles under your eyes.
- Mint Leaves – These materials have methanol, which helps in reducing pooled water under the skin of your eyes. Also, mint leaves are beneficial in soothing your tired skin.
- How to Apply Mint Leaves? Crush the mint leaves into powder and apply them directly to the affected area. Keep it under your eyes for about 15 to 30 minutes before rinsing it with cold water.
- Buttermilk Paste – This material is not only for cooking, but it can also help you remove those dark circles under your eyes. The combination of buttermilk paste and turmeric is a perfect mixture for puffy eyes and dark circles.
- How to Apply Buttermilk Paste? For best results, make sure to apply Buttermilk Paste thrice a week.
- Turmeric – It is a powerful compound that can clear all the dark circles under your eyes. It contains curcumin element, which enhances the glow of the skin. It can also reduce melanin production that resolves hyper-pigmentation. Turmeric is excellent in eliminating dark and dead skin.
- How to Apply Turmeric? Take a half spoon of turmeric and pour some buttermilk paste or almond oil if you also have dry skin. Massage the dark circles under your eyes for about 15 minutes and wash it with normal water after. Repeat the same method for approximately thrice a week to eliminate dark circles under your eyes.
- Licorice Extract – This component contains Glabridin, which helps in reducing pigmentation. It also ensures optimal blood flow under the eyes so that there would be no pooled water that may cause baggy eyes. Licorice Extract can protect your skin from UV damage as well.
- How to Apply Licorice Extract? Take a vitamin K capsule and get 3 to 4 drops of Licorice Extract. Mix it well until it forms a paste. If it becomes thick, you can add a small amount of water. Then, apply the mixture of Licorice to the dark circles under your eyes. Leave for 10 minutes before rinsing it with regular water. Do this process thrice a week to achieve the best result.
What Should You Eat to Remove Dark Circles Under Your Eyes?
Your diet significantly affects the dark circles under your eyes. The kind of food that you put in your system may have positive or negative effects on your body, which also includes those dark circles.
For example, the nutrients that you can get from eating fruits and vegetables will help you get healthier skin. On the other hand, if you smoke and drink a lot of alcoholic beverages – you’ll be more prone to baggy eyes and dark circles. Here are other eating tips that will improve your dark circles.
- Watch Out for any Food Intolerance. At first, most of us would think that we have no food allergies until it happens. You wouldn’t believe that almost 70% of patients resolved their dark circles because they were able to detect the culprit food. For every food that you eat, watch out for any reaction that may cause you. For example, some food can make you feel less-severe physical responses, while others can worsen an inflammation under your eyes. Look out for puffy face and bloating or dark circles under the eyes because these are some of the first signs of eye inflammation.
- How Can You Do it? Start by removing the most common allergenic foods – even if you say that you are not allergic to those. It includes consuming eggs, milk, peanuts, mustard, seafood, sesame, sulfites, soy, wheat, gluten, and tree nuts. Do it as a trial for about two weeks, and compare the difference. After such time, you can start eating one food item per day to test your reaction to that specific food. If some of the symptoms return or you feel something terrible – you’ll probably have to exclude that food for the rest of your life.
- Don’t Overeat Salt. Too much salt consumption may lead to thyroid problems that can worsen those dark circles under your eyes. Eventually, you’ll also experience a lack of concentration, difficulty losing weight, hair loss, and constant fatigue. In this case, you may want to check if your thyroid is healthy. Some patients with low thyroid levels have puffy eyelids caused by fibroblasts. It is when there’s too little thyroid hormone suppression of connective tissue cells. Once the thyroid hormones fail to suppress those cells, they would release many water-binding molecules into the skin instead. As a result, those excess water will expand the tissue underneath your skin, known as puffiness.
- Eat Foods that are High in Iron and Vitamin B12. If you have low iron and vitamin B12 in your body, there’s a possibility that you will have dark circles under your eyes. This deficiency may lead to poor oxygenation of bodily tissues that significantly affect the area under your eyes. For the best possible result and safest method, always consult your doctor about your iron and vitamin B12 levels. You may also consider adding vitamin C supplements for better iron absorption.
- Regain Your Beauty with Vitamin K. This vitamin is vital in sustaining your overall wellness and beautification. Plus, it helps with better blood circulation since poor circulation can lead to increased appearance of dark circles. Where can you find vitamin K? Fortunately, you don’t have to consume capsules or inject them into your body. Foods like broccoli, brussels sprouts, green leafy vegetables, and spinach are rich in vitamin K.
There are different ways to resolve those dark circles under your eyes for good – for as long as they are not genetics. You can find most remedies in your kitchen. All you have to do is to do a bit of research. If you want to remove those dark circles permanently, the action should start from you.