Beautiful and expressive eyes always catch the eye of others. But very often girls and women are confronted with the appearance of bags and blue spots under their eyes. This cosmetic defect is a real nuisance because it makes the face look haggard, unhealthy, and tired. It is known that the skin in this area is very delicate and thin.
It lacks sebaceous glands, collagen fibers, and subcutaneous fat, so it needs special skincare, and discoloration is a problem that everyone tries to get rid of, trying to mask the flaw in different ways.
Causes of circles under the eyes:
- Age-related changes. The skin of the eyelids – the thinnest, most vulnerable, and dry – under the influence of external and internal factors, with age it begins to noticeably deteriorate. The reason for this is that from the age of 30, the body reduces the synthesis of natural collagen, thinning subcutaneous fatty tissue.
- Over-exertion. As a consequence of constant stress, fatigue, or insomnia, the body perceives a vascular problem, which in turn leads to reduced lymphatic drainage and the formation of dark bags under the eyes.
- Heredity. Genetics are a common cause of persistent dark circles. Thin clear skin, a predisposition to couperosis, allergic reactions – such signs of sensitive skin are often inherited.
- Health problems. Nervous and endocrine system disorders, liver, kidney, heart, and circulation problems may also cause the appearance of bags.
- Unhealthy lifestyle. Irregular drinking regime, unbalanced diet, sedentary lifestyle, lack of physical activity, lack of oxygen, inadequate sleep, and lack of rest schedule are all causes of lymphatic stasis, impaired blood circulation and microcirculation, reduced skin tone, and dull complexion.
- Hormonal changes. Pregnancy, for instance, often increases melanin production and brown circles.
Cleansing is an important step in home care
To avoid premature aging of the skin around the eyes, it is important to remove eye makeup and unclog pores of eye shadow, powder and foundation in time. To do this, you can use either a universal makeup remover or a specialized product for the eye area.
Removing makeup from the face and eyes is better to not wait until night, immediately after returning from work or college. Those who are picky about cosmetics should use cleansing milk for sensitive skin. Cleansing milk is recommended to use daily. Even if you use minimal makeup and shower, use a cleanser afterward to allow your skin to breathe and repair overnight.
Avoid dark circles and puffiness
First, normalize the sleep regime, revise eating habits, and while working at a computer try to arrange from time to time at least a 15-minute break to exercise. And for the rest, you can rely on cosmetics.
Retinol eye cream
Collagen is one of the most celebrated fighters against dark circles and puffiness, which primarily appear in the eyelid area. So it’s no wonder that we have high hopes for collagen anti wrinkle cream for the eye area.
If you want to get rid of dark circles and puffiness under the eyes for a long time, a comprehensive approach is very important. One tool, even the most powerful, will not provide a lasting long-term effect. Therefore, you can use a complex neck firming cream or 30 glycolic acid pads. It is not recommended to use cosmetics from different manufacturers, because in this case, it is difficult to avoid an overdose of some substances and a lack of others.
It is recommended to apply balms, creams, and masks for eye area care in the evening, an hour or two before you go to bed. The sun’s rays won’t break down the non-strength ingredients, and your body will make the most of the precious ingredients to restore your skin’s structure. And don’t forget about a healthy lifestyle: excessive alcohol consumption, smoking and lack of sleep can negate any anti-aging efforts.
How do you apply skin care products around the eyes?
The skin around the eyes is a very delicate area. It is important to be careful. Dr. Fine recommends applying moisturizing cream or gel with the lightest touch of your finger, preferably your little finger.
Start with the most problematic area, under the eyes. This is where bruises or bags form, move further from the outer corner of the eye to the inner part. Do not apply too much. Excess product can get on the mucosa and cause swelling, so you risk waking up with bags under the eyes. The optimal amount is the size of a grain of rice.
Care: Gentle two-phase cleansing → moisturizing with special products for the skin of the eyelids → solution of extra problems. For further care, it is important to choose a product with a composition that will help to solve your individual request.
Use sunscreen in summer
Exposure to the sun has a profound effect on the skin during the summer months. The body’s exposure to UV light enhances the synthesis of the pigment melanin, which contributes to the color of the skin. Despite an even distribution of pigment, the thinning dermis around the eyes is the first to suffer. This is manifested by increased pigmentation and the formation of circles under the eyelids. In that case, collagen retinol cream or even a lifting cream should be considered.
Wrinkles and dark circles can appear if sun protection products are not used, and then it can be more difficult to get the face attractive again. To avoid problems, use collagen anti-wrinkle cream with SPF 15 or SPF 20, and wear sunglasses in periods of high sun exposure during the day.