Skin issues like skin wrinkles, darkness under eyes, allergies and other health issues are on the rise in Delhi, experts warned.
Air Pollution: People walk along a road near India Gate amid smoggy conditions in New Delhi. (Photo: AFP)
New Delhi: Toxic air pollution is bad news for your health. It can affect the functioning of your body and cause serious health problems. As Delhi-NCR’s air quality continues to hover over ‘very poor’ category, experts warned that skin-related diseases are a possibility due to the hazardous smog. Dr Deepali Bhardwaj, senior dermatologist in Delhi, said skin issues like darkness under eyes, skin wrinkles, allergies and other problems are on the rise in the capital city.
“Gas chamber city of the world is surely leading to subtle skin issues like dark under eyes, losing the white of the eye to dusty yellow colour, pigmentation, eczema, allergies, photo ageing, skin wrinkles, and skin cancer which is on the rise. Delhiites, you need to do the best you can for a healthy lifestyle,” Dr Deepali Bhardwaj was quoted as saying by news agency ANI.
Air Pollution In Delhi – Skin Issues On Rise
- Dark under eyes
- Losing the white of the eye to dusty yellow colour
- Photo Ageing
- Skin wrinkles
- Skin cancer
10 Tips On How To Protect Yourself
- Don’t burn wood or trash
- Don’t walk outdoors when the air pollution level is high
- Avoid exercising near high-traffic areas
- Use public transport if possible. Walk, bike or carpool. Combine trips when you can.
- Use less energy in your home
- Check daily air pollution forecasts in your area
- Avoid smoking indoors
- Avoid burning leaves, trash, and other materials
- Eat healthy and also follow proper skincare routine
- Burning camphor in the room to keep the surrounding environment healthy
Brief: The air quality in Delhi remained in the “very poor” category on Friday as experts urged residents to take precautions. Due to air pollution in Delhi, skin diseases like wrinkles, allergies, dar circles are on the rise in the capital city, experts said.
Published Date: November 11, 2022 6:21 PM IST
Updated Date: November 11, 2022 6:26 PM IST